Monday, March 23, 2009

Birthday Well Wishes

I haven't been one to make a big deal about my birthday in recent years. However yesterday was a very nice one. After my son's end of cricket season BBQ some friends gathered at my house for tea and cake. Or at least that's what I thought. It ended up being a massive cake home made by my friend Pip who is a sheer culinary genius. Then the girls gave me the cards they picked out and decorated - it's been a long, long time since I've had my own Barbie card. Teddy of course had an obnoxious pun card - for which he's still laughing. Then Ted gave me the present from the family which was the Pandora bracelet I've been drooling over for months. It's had a boy and 2 girl charms on it for the kids.

Then one by one each of my friends plopped down their gifts and they too had bought me Pandora charms. My bracelet is now 1/2 full of gorgeous charms.

One of the things I am happiest about our Australian move is the company I keep. I have made friends with some of the kindest and most loving people I've ever met. I can not see how I could ever be as good a friend to them as they have to me but I am trying.

Thank you everyone for such a wonderful day. I really am grateful for you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had enjoyed your birthday. We got you good!