Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Saint Tess

Yesterday Tessi's Building Blocks coordinator (Tessi's Autism therapist) came with us to the shops so she could see Tessi's meltdowns in action. Tessi always acts great when Mary comes to the house. So yesterday we all went to Woolworth's to do a little shopping to set a situation where Tessi would blow up. Naturally, Tessi did not.

Mary started going on about things for me to do when Tessi did blow up and I just tuned her out. When Tessi did start to act up a tiny, TINY bit Mary was able to stop, bend down and reinforce the life story she had written for her, get her to stop and we went on. What was I doing? I was grocery shopping and keeping an eye on Connor. How in the Hell am I supposed to grocery shop, keep an eye on Connor and keep Tessi going before she loses it and get this all done under 2 hours?

Oh that's right, I can't.

If nothing else, life on the spectrum does highlight all your failings. Just what I needed.

Off to start another fun-filled day. Today we have speech therapy, swim lessons, Teddy wants to have a friend over after school. and Ted works until 7. I bet I'll be in bed by 7:30 again.

No comments: