Monday, February 25, 2013

No Pearls of Wisdom Today

Sadly, there's no time for my mommy musings today.  Tomorrow we have yet another house inspection by the real estate agency.  Unlike with my friends, I actually do have to give a damn what these people think of my house cleaning skills.

Bugger.

The real estate market being what it is here in the North Shore agents can nail you for just about anything.  For every house that goes up for rental in this area there are at least 15-20 applicants.  It's a nightmare.  We've been here over 2 1/2 years and I panic each and every time we get the dreaded inspection letter.

Ted has even taken off work to help me today.  Of course that is also to do with the fact that Saturday night we were both up all night because the stupid house alarm was activated by a power outage and it screamed and caterwauled for hours.  Does anyone remember my sob story post the other day about a child with Sensory Integration Disorder and her aversion to loud noises?  Yes, in case you are wondering, a loud house alarm counts.

Since we don't pay for a monitoring service we have no code to punch in.  No one from the real estate agent returned our calls all weekend.  Did I mention how they don't HAVE to?  :)  More about this fun story tomorrow.

A very bleak day in the Tencza household today.  But at the end of it I will have a very, very clean house.

No comments: