Sunday, February 17, 2013

Excuses for Doing What I Want

 I have a head cold today. Nothing really to alert the media about but I'm using it as an excuse to hide from cleaning for the house inspection and to make changes to my blog.

I'm an adult, a grown woman and I can't simply decide one day to not do something productive but simply to be lazy and prettify my blog. I have to have an excuse. Personally I find that a wee bit pathetic. What's worse is that I'm doing that to myself. Ted is many things, but a jerk husband is not one of them. He doesn't care if I spend my time building a cabinet, going for a drive or hiding in my room, as long as I'm happy he's fine with it all. I'm pretty lucky with him, I have to say. No, all my justifications for not doing what needs to be done are all for me.  No one beats me up quite like I beat myself up.  I think I need to go back and reread my post from a few days ago.

So today's post is more of announcing new blog appearance rather than a rant about the latest from the Under 13's. I've switched the template but its not enough, there are still a lot of things I want to look different. I did yearbook in high school and took layout design classes in college so I know enough to not like what I see but not enough to really change it to what I see in my head.  The perils of being a dabbler in everything but a master of nothing.

I will be making more changes over the next few weeks. Nothing too drastic, just enough to make it took more like me. Of course, if some laundry has to wait to be washed, some sandwiches not get made and permission slips not get signed....well, sacrifices must be made. Remember, I have a head cold.

No comments: