Friday, June 19, 2009

$62 to Learn She has a Cold.

Plus I got a lecture on how fever is good for the body and how over the counter decongestants and antihistamines are counter-productive and should not be used.

Great. Tessi has a fever of 102 (39) for 3 days, hacking cough that's getting worse, not eating and by her standards lethargic but I get the new mom treatment. Honestly. I have 3 children. I know that fevers are good and I have NEVER complained about a child that was lethargic. Hell, I've begged for them. This guy wasn't our regular dr but he could see that her chart was very light...only about 3 visits in over 2 years and again, she's the youngest of 3. Come on. Give me a break.

So stay home, drink liquids and take panadol (tylenol) At least he could have offered me the token cough syrup that makes them sleep. That's too much to ask?

No comments: