Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Boy Who Lived

 Well he did it.  The boy made it to his 13th birthday.  I can honestly say there were days I knew he wasn't going to get there.  It's been a rough 12 but despite the insanity, my son is one of the coolest people I know.  He is twice the smart ass I could ever be and trust me...that is saying something.  He gets faster every day at smart ass comebacks and he has a wonderfully twisted sense of humor. He's fantastic with kids he's not related to so those of you looking to hire a baby sitter, look no further! 

Most of my reading audience knows that the last few days have been a bit rough for our family with some nasty illness and coming to within a few hours of losing our dog to tick poisoning.  I haven't slept correctly in days so a long drawn out post will not go well for anyone.  Instead of a huge story about my bouncing baby boy I will give you some pictures of his life. This should guarantee just enough humiliation to preserve his street cred as a poor, downtrodden teen.  Happy to help, Kid. I think now we are square for you putting dead batteries back in the battery box and possibly you and Will putting Byron's shirt up on the roof.  


Happy Birthday Teddy....now Ted.  You're the beginning of why I get to be called Evil Troll Mom.  Without you, I'd just be Evil Troll.  I know you don't believe it anymore, but I do love you. Other than the trash hoarding in your room I wouldn't change anything about you at all.


Feeding the deer at Fort Sam Houston Quad

Sage advise from a Kindy.


That shirt grew less & less funny

First time in Vegas

First day of school in a new country




This is what you do when it's too hot to go outside

Trying to get a nice family Xmas picture




First Man of the Match

Earning his Yellow Belt


Taking Flat Stanley to Waratahs



First Birthday party

Taken to prove to future 16 year old self that he did like to work once.

Forget the rides, the water was best part of theme park.

First dentist visit

Last Easter as an only child









Captain Pouty Face


Demonstrating the hold the binky (dummy) technique

Early Diving Career




Posing at Disney World

Opening the door for Grandma



He LOVED his 18 wheeler game at Chuck E. Cheese.

His Jeep. Nuff said.



Only in TX is acceptable to keep playscape inside

Rock Climbing at Band Camp


NOTHING is funnier than your dog wearing sunglasses


She won't stop taking my picture!

Learning that cricket isn't just a bug


He stopped smiling after learning he wasn't allowed to hold an adult salt water croc

Why won't she stop touching me?!







Finally, here he is. Thirteen getting ready to take on the world.



No comments: