Thursday, July 18, 2013

Hide Under the Covers Kind of Day

 I seem to get that mentality a lot. I just left the computer room and I'm curled up on the couch with my iPad, blanket and the properly known as the rechargeable hot water bottle, but much easier to say, Squishie.  I plan on spending the reminder of my alone time huddled in silence surfing the Net and pinning on Pinterest.

Am I proud of wasting a gorgous sunny afternoon hiding in my house and erecting my living shrine to sloth? No...but the again, I'm not necessarily all that ashamed either.

I have my reasons or excuses if you like.   Maybe it's because I ended up having a tearful reunion with a dear friend yesteray and shared several bottle of champers so there a slight hang over problem. Perhaps its because I know that my new job is starting soon and my ability to take these breaks will be severely limited. 

Maybe with my self-induced and much deserved headache pulsing down to my throat I learned that my darling husband is working late enough that it'll be race to see if he even makes it home today.  This leaves me with making dinner that 3 kids will hate and dragging everyone to and from AFL Training.  I could also even shamelessly play the Depression card and say that sometimes I get very overwhelmed with everything and I need to shut everything out so I can focus better later on.

Who knows, maybe I am the lazy git I think I sound like. I don't know. Right now, I honestly don't care. The only thing I am sure of in my life...the one truth there is.....is that there is no real one answer to everything. Some days its wrong and lazy to sit and do nothing. Other days its a necessary sanity break.

Whatever the answer is for you and your life embrace it. Squishie and I are in a firm embrace right now and let me tell you...if this is wrong, I don't want to be right.

No comments: