Wednesday, September 12, 2012

PETA will be Hunting Me

Pet owners of the year. Nice sound to it. Add it to the stack of awards I shall NOT be earning this year. Poor Monty, he did not have a good morning.

After being rudely chased through the bush, roughly grabbed and squished into his backpack carrier-which, by the way he hates, Monty endured grabby kids trying to get at him to pet the "cute kitty" and then arrived at the vet's office.  If that wasn't bad enough there was a huge black lab who dared to sniff his person through the screen of the bag.  Whoo boy. Monty pulled his paw up to swipe but unfortunately there wasn't enough room for him to wind up power so the soft tap of his paw was all the disdain he could muster. The indignity of it all.

Sadly though, that wasn't the worst of it. It appears that my 3 year old cat has massive abscesses in his teeth. I've scheduled an emergency cleaning tomorrow. The vet just pulled back his lips a bit and the blood started flowing from the black bits that were his teeth in the back.  Pet owners of the bloody year.

In my defense, yes I do have one, Sasha and now Monty apparently, are silent suffers. Both of them can be in agonizing pain and not mutter a sound. Sasha had a raging ear infection that was so bad the entire outside of the ear had their weird fungus on it. Vet found it on routine check up, she hadn't even scratched at the damn ear.. Monty's teeth are rotting out of his skull and he never missed a beat while eating. So since they were quiet it didn't occur to me that something was wrong.

I have 3 kids. Every one of them will scream bloody murder and beg for the Last Rites if they get a bug bite. If one hits the other the victim will demand compensation, a band aid and a cookie.  There is no toughen up around here. Every absence I have from Tessi has her coming back to me listing her war wounds for proper sympathy or at least documentation.   In fact on Sunday Tessi was carried home from the park by a neighbor girl because she had two splinters in her big toe. There is no injury or illness in this house I don't know or hear about.

Except the animals. Grrrrrrrrr. I scheduled the very expensive but needed cleaning tomorrow. I don't know how long he's been in pain but I can't handle it being for any longer than it has to be.  At least he'll get good drugs.  I hope they last long enough to withstand Connor and Tessi nursing him back to health.


No comments: