Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Only My Kids

Tomorrow we're going to 6 days and 5 nights at the beach. We're staying at a caravan park in a cabin that is a 1 minute walk from the beach, it has 2 pools, a game room, jumping pillow, is next to a farm where the kids can feed the chickens, has an on-site surf lessons school and boogie board and boat rentals. We're going on a dolphin watching cruise, may hit the local waterpark and if the worst happens and it rains - up the road is an indoor aquatic center. Sorry, centre.

Are my children happy right now? No. Teddy is annoyed because he's missing a birthday party he was invited to (he doesn't even like the kid) and OzKick. A sporting thing that apparently involves kicking. Connor isn't happy because she wants to have the fruit loops NOW and I said they were for the holidays and Tessi is crying...well, in all fairness, Tessi is always crying.

As I look out the window at them - they are outside fighting with the neigbor kids I am imagining squishing them between my fingers. Just like Dave Foley on "Kids in the Hall" - I wish they had a skit for the sound.

No comments: