Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Red Sun at Night; Salior Delight. Red Sun at Dawn; Salior Take Warn.





Ok, what does that mean for red air? In Sydney today we all woke up to a red/orange sky. It was a lot like that cheesy Schwarzenegger movie about living on Mars. The color is surreal. Driving on the street the blue traffic lights look turquoise.

It seems that we had a serious wind storm last night after the rain. Very serious and it has blown dust out from waaaayyyy out yonder into the coastal region. So we wake up with the red dawn. The schools are keeping all the kids inside today. The air smells like the inside of a closet, an OLD closet. I'm taking this a cue that I should not do laundry and hang it outside as I really don't need to wash the red dust off.

Will keep everyone posted if this turns out to be worse than I think it is now.

1 comment:

Mickie said...

That was just trippy. I kept reading about it all morning online. The pictures are surreal!